Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Vegan Thanksgiving!

 This year I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family and with the help of my mom and sister, made my first completely vegan feast. The best part was that my entire family agreed to partake. The spread included two Tofurkey loaves, buttery mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, candied yams, asparagus, cranberry fruit sauce, and buttered muffins. For dessert, my sister and I baked iced oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and pumpkin spice cookies...we also had some regular and pumpkin spice Silk eggnog. Everything was delicious and 100% cruelty-free. It was the best Thanksgiving ever and I am forever grateful for my family's open-mindedness and willingness to alter their normal tradition and forgo the turkey and ham (and eggs, milk, and real butter). What an awesome and memorable holiday.

1 comment:

  1. This is our very first vegan Thanksgiving and are SO excited about it. I've got our Tofurky and their gravy ready to go. I like how you cooked it in the foil with the veggies and onions, so I guess it did kind of "steam"? I may like to try this method out, although I have not read the instructions on how to cook it just yet. How did your family like the taste?

    ReplyDelete