Sunday, November 21, 2010

CHINO HILLS & PASADENA Food Randomness


Yesterday was my sister's birthday and to my utter delight, she requested a vegan birthday cake. Instead of making her one from scratch, I decided to give Sweet Craze bakery (located in Chino Hills) a try. While not a strictly vegan bakery, they have vegan options (good enough for me considering the lack of vegan sweets in my area) and I decided to order a cake. My sister loves chocolate and banana combos so I ordered her a chocolate cake with fresh banana filling and vanilla icing. As you can see from the picture, it looks amazing. Luckily for us, it tasted amazing. Unluckily for us, on the car ride home the cake fell of the seat after an unexpected stop BUT managed to remain in the box, rendering it completely edible (thank the vegan gods)! So that's why there is only one picture of the cake. I would have loved to show the inside but after the accident, it was one huge chocolate and banana mess. Still delicious though.

So, if you are looking for vegan cakes and goodies, give Sweet Craze a try!  http://itssweetcraze.com/



On a completely unrelated note, I stopped at Whole Foods in Pasadena (unfortunately, it's the nearest Whole Foods) to pick up a Tofurkey loaf and some other random vegan items that I can't seem to get anywhere else, and I was kinda hungry so I decided to try some vegan pizza from their hot food/deli/pizzeria area. I don't even recall reading what kind of pizza it was. All I know was it had Daiya cheese, artichoke bits and olives on it and that it was incredibly good. So good, it was the driving force in my decision to write/call Whole Foods and demand they open up closer locations since as of now, they are too good for the IE.



No comments:

Post a Comment